Scottish charity Mountain Aid have announced a series of winter safety talks for walkers who want to carry on going to the high hills in the cold months.
The free talks will be presented by Mick Tighe, who has 25 years of experience as an active Mountain Rescue member and is a former Mountain Rescue Training offier.
According to the charity, “the evenings are aimed at anyone who is an active “summer walker” who fancies extending their hillwalking season into the winter months but isn’t sure what’s involved or where to start.”
The talks will be held at the following times:
- Monday 15th November, Edinburgh, 7:30PM
- Tuesday 16th November, Dundee, 7:00PM
- Wednesday 17th November, Cupar, 7:30PM
- Thursday 18th November, Stirling, 7:30PM
- Monday 22nd November, Carluke, 7:30PM
- Tuesday 23rd November, Alexandria, 7:30PM
- Wednesday 24th November, Irvine, 7:30PM
- Thursday 25th November, Glasgow, 7:30PM
More details on venues is available at the direct page link: http://www.mountainaid.org.uk/Events/WinterTalks.php