This week’s top reads from our Blogger Network: sunshine and storm in the Cairngorms, gear for the TGO Challenge, joining Mountain Rescue, and more.
- Sunshine and storm in the Cairngorms (Chris Townsend, Chris Townsend Outdoors) – Our gear editor Chris Townsend enjoys a fantastic winter backpacking trip in the Cairngorms.
- What happened to Alison Hargreaves on K2? (Mark Horrell, Footsteps on the Mountain) – After the tragic death of Tom Ballard, Mark Horrell tells the story of Alison Hargreaves – Ballard’s mother – who died on K2 in 1995.
- Should I Join Mountain Rescue? (Emily Woodhouse, Travelling Lines) – “If you’re wondering whether you should join Mountain Rescue, here are some things to consider – including some of the biggest reasons that people drop out of the training process.”
- TGO Challenge 2019 Preparations: Gear Choices (David Williams, Fellbound) – David Williams takes us through the gear he’ll be carrying on this year’s TGO Challenge.
- Nine Days on the Cape Wrath Trail…A Variation (Stephen McAuliffe, Howling Mist) – Stephen McAuliffe enjoys a wonderful section of the CWT.