This week’s top reads from our Blogger Network: the pre-TGO Challenge daunder, outdoor adventures with children, Mogollon Rim Trail, and falling in love with a bicycle.
- Mogollon Rim Trail day 1: never packraft with chihuahuas (Carrot Quinn, Dispatches from the Wild) – The first in Carrot Quinn’s blog series on the Mogollon Rim Trail.
- How I fell in love with my bicycle! (Julie Coldwell, Living this life out loud) – “I’m truly, madly, deeply in love with my bicycle and I’m pretty certain most other cyclists will completely understand my feelings”.
- A return to Snowdonia (Stephen McAuliffe, Howling Mist) – Superb wintry photos here from a trip to Snowdonia.
- Outdoor Adventures With Children: Lake District (Mark Barrett, Hill Explorer) – “Even today I laugh at my parents’ attitude to risk: some of the stuff we used to blithely clamber up I now know are graded rock climbs – in retrospect, it was total madness!”
And two blog posts from the annual ‘Pre-Walk Daunder’ conducted by TGO Challengers:
- Rambling about the Lake District, with a couple of wild camps thrown in (David Williams, FellBound) – “realising that the Lakes aren’t always like Piccadilly Circus”.
- PreWalkDaunder 2019: The Langdales (Alan Sloman, Alan Sloman’s Big Walk) – “Croydon, Lord E and I finally made the top of the climb and gambolled, some more gambolly than others, down to Codale Tarn”.