This week’s top reads from our Blogger Network: winter backpacking hacks, canyoning, walks on the South Coast, and more.
- 10 Winter Hiking and Backpacking Hacks (Philip Werner, Section Hiker) – Genuinely useful tips here for backpacking in winter, and some not so obvious.
- The Hidden World of Canyoning (Caro Ryan, LotsaFreshAir) – An accessible introduction to canyoning.
- 5 Great Winter Walks on the South Coast (Kate Jamieson, The Adventures of Kate) – Some splendid-looking walks that prove it doesn’t always have to be about the big hills.
- Salt before breakfast: an ascent of Ojos del Salado (Mark Horrell, Footsteps on the Mountain) – Mark Horrell climbs the highest mountain in Chile, and discovers an otherworldly desert landscape.
- Guidebook: Hiking in Finland (Jouni Laaksonen, Finnish Way of Hiking) – Jouni talks about his new English-language guidebook to hiking in Finland, which is due to be published soon. This looks like it will be a fantastic resource for backpackers hoping to head to Scandinavia.