Coast magazine’s annual beach clean is back.
This year’s event, sponsored by Joules, will be taking place at Watergate Bay, Cornwall on the 18th May 2019. It’s a great family-friendly day out and a fantastic opportunity to meet like-minded people, who are passionate about our coast.
WHEN: Saturday 18 May
WHERE: Watergate Bay, Cornwall
WHAT? “Our annual beach clean is one of our favourite days of the year. We love the opportunity to meet some of our wonderful readers in person and make a real difference to our beautiful coastline.” For full details, click here.
- The day begins with coffee and pastries at Watergate Bay Hotel
- Then it’s down to the shoreline for a rock-pooling expedition with expert guidance from the Marine Conservation Society
- There will be spot prizes throughout the day for the best beach finds
- Having worked up an appetitie you’ll tuck into a specially designed menu at renowned Cornish shorline restaurant Zacry’s
- You’ll then head back to the beach for the main event – litter picking and survey
- Before the end, you’ll receive your Joules goodie bag, by way of thanks
This is a ticketed event; please book early to avoid disappointment. Tickets are just £20 for coast subscribers and £25 for non-subscribers. Under 5s are free and it’s £12.50 for children aged 6-15. Price includes listed activities and meals. The day runs from 10.15am-4.30pm. Book tickets here.