Berghaus expand their range with the men’s and women’s Hillmaster jackets
In 2017, Berghaus introduced a range of performance hillwalking waterproofs at an accessible price in the new 2L GORE-TEX initiative. The project has proven popular with both retailers and customers, and the range is being extended for 2018 with the addition of new Hillmaster jackets.
Designed for year-round hillwalking and available in men’s and women’s specific versions, the Hillmaster is a longer-length jacket that guarantees all-day protection from rain. It’s made from the same 2L GORE-TEX fabric that was developed by Berghaus in partnership with Gore.
Practical features of this jacket include:
- A fully adjustable hood with stiffened peak
- Six pockets, including cargo pockets, zipped handwarmer pockets and internal map pocket
- Robust two-way front zip with double storm flap, allowing the jacket to be combined with a compatible Berghaus fleece
- Carefully designed seam construction to enhance durable waterproofness
- Adjustable cuffs and hem for additional comfort and protection
If you’ve become a bit jaded by the current trend of skimping on features to reduce weight, this jacket could be a breath of fresh air for you. At 690g (men’s large) it isn’t ultralight – but it promises better protection than most ultralight jackets.
The Hillmaster jackets sit above the well-established Ridgemaster, Hillwalker Long and Hillwalker jackets to complete a selection of mid-price Gore-Tex jackets from Berghaus. They will be available in March on berghaus.com and from selected retailers.
Weight: 690g (men’s large) / 543g (women’s 12)