The Great Outdoors magazine is looking for an editorial assistant to work alongside the magazine’s editor in Glasgow.
This is a part-time role, working 16 hours a week. The job would suit someone with an active interest in hillwalking and outdoor activities, looking for experience in print and online journalism.
The varied role will include both administrative and journalistic tasks, such as:
- Writing up press releases
- Uploading stories to WordPress
- Proof-reading and fact-checking
- Responding to emails
- Picture research
- Contributing to editorial content planning
- Keeping records updated
- Processing invoices
You will need:
- Excellent organisational and multitasking skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software packages
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience of Adestra or MailChimp, WordPress and Adobe software would be beneficial
- A degree or equivalent level qualification is preferred
The job will be based at Toad’s Caravan in the Southside of Glasgow, for 16 hours a week on a weekly pattern to be agreed on appointment, at an hourly rate of £10.
To apply, please email the editor, Emily Rodway, at email@example.com by Monday 7 January, with a CV and a cover letter telling us why you would be suitable for the role.
This role is subject to terms contained in a written contract, which the successful candidate will be required to sign.